Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2007

Summer Reading Thing Recap

I had a great time reading this summer and reading other people's book reviews. I'm looking forward to starting the next one.

  1. How many total books did you read? Were you surprised by that number? I read a total of 10 ½ from my list but I also read a bunch of others not on my list, and to be honest, I didn’t keep track of the others. I was surprised at how hard it was to stick with a pre-made list because I tend to read whatever strikes my fancy at the moment.
  2. How do you feel about what you read? I enjoyed everything, even though a few took me longer than I thought they would to get through.
  3. Which was your favorite book, and why? I don’t think I had a favorite. I liked them all for different reasons.
  4. Which was your least favorite, and why? I think I would have to say The Life of Pi. In the end I enjoyed the book, but I found it the first part of the book very hard to get into.
  5. What about your stretch book? Did you find that you enjoyed it after all? Are you planning to read more of that genre/author? The stretch book for me was No One Can Take Your Place. It was a great book and I learned lots from it, but I do have a hard time getting into non-fiction. Of course I will read more like this, but probably not very often.
  6. Did you discover a new author that you're excited about?
    Michelle Paige Holmes (Counting Stars) I enjoyed this book so much I have been recommending it to everyone. I can’t wait for her next one.
  7. What did you learn about yourself through this reading experience? Was this fun? Do you want to continue (if so, sign up for Katrina's Fall Into Reading challenge.) I already know that I am addicted to books, but this taught me that I am not very good at deciding in advance what I want to read. I read as the mood strikes me. I also learned that I really should read more non-fiction. This was a fun way to encourage myself to try some different things and to really think about what the book was about as I wrote reviews. I will continue this type of reading challenge.

2 comments:

Karlene said...

Stephanie, thanks so much for participating in the Summer Reading Thing. I've really enjoyed your comments and your blog has become one of my favorites. I check it frequently for updates.

I loved Counting Stars too. I even bought one as a gift for a friend.

Hope you'll continue with the Fall challenge over on Callapidder Days.

(Did you get your prize book yet? I mailed it a couple of days after the contest, but it takes a while to get up to Canada sometimes.)

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Thanks Karlene. I'm glad you enjoy visiting. I haven't gotten the book yet, but I am used to things taking at least a week to arrive from the states. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors