Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2007

No One Can Take Your Place by Sheri Dew


"The Lord knows who we are, where we are, what our mission is, and what we need in order to accomplish that mission. Not only has He known us for a long, long time, He has loved us for a long, long time. We are here now because we are supposed to be here now. No one else can have the influence or do the good that we were prepared and foreordained to have and do. No one else can fulfill our individual missions." - Sheri Dew

This is another of my Summer Reading Thing books. It took me awhile to get through this one because I don't often enjoy reading non-fiction and have a hard time staying interested. Sheri Dew wrote a beautiful book that reminds us who we are and what we are here to do. In the first section she reminds us where we came from and who we are. In the second, she tells us of some of our responsibilities such as making right choices and living with integrity. In the third section, she talks about how we have a responsibility to be leaders. By far my favorite chapter was the last one. "No one can do what you were sent here to do," she reminds us.

I would say this book pushed me a bit because I really had to work to get through it. But it was worth the read and I will definitely make the time to read more of her books.

2 comments:

Autumn Ables said...

There were things in this book that touched my heart and soul to the core. I feel like I am a better person becasue I tookt he time to read it.

We are children of a Father in heaven and He really loves us!

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I found the same thing. I am always so grateful that I know I am a daughter of God.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors