Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2007

Fall Into Reading

I have signed up to participate in the Fall Into Reading Challenge over at Callapidder Days. The Summer Reading Thing was fun and got me reading a few things I normally wouldn't have picked up. This time my list is long, but I tend to read lots and read fast. I will also probably read more books than I have listed. (My book club will add a few as well.) I will certainly have to focus better than I did in the summer and do better at reading what is on the list first so I don't get behind.
  1. A Gift of Ice - James Dashner
  2. New Moon - Stephenie Meyer *
  3. Trouble in Palmyra - Rob Ficiur
  4. The Foundling - Georgette Heyer
  5. Ghost of a Chance - Kerry Blair *
  6. Grave Secrets - Marlene Austin*
  7. My Not-So-Fairy-Tale Life - Julie Wright *
  8. The Englisher - Beverly Lewis*
  9. Kids are Worth It - Barbara Coloroso
  10. Waltzing to a Different Strummer - Tom Plummer
  11. Infinite Atonement - Tad R. Callister
  12. The Princes of Ireland - Edward Rutherford
  13. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austin
  14. Tom Finder - Martine Leavitt *
  15. Austenland - Shannon Hale *
  16. Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer *

9 comments:

Autumn Ables said...

Oh my, you will be busy this fall. There's nothing like having a great book to read. Of course, on your list I am partial to 'New Moon' & 'Eclipse'! {Great books!}Good luck and happy reading days ahead.

I'd like to add this "Fall into reading" myself...but my plate is too full at the moment. :S

Have fun!

Karlene said...

Great list. I might steal some of them. :)

Stephanie Humphreys said...

My plate is pretty full, but I always find time to read, no matter what, and I always blog, so I might as well make a list to keep me focused. :)

Steal away, Karlene. Dumb thing is, I was on my way home from a grocery shopping trip in the city, and thought of two or three more that I want to read before Christmas. (I won't add them to the list though)

ali cross said...

Holy Ton-of-Books Batman!

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I'm an interminably slow reader. It's the bane of my existence. If I'm reading something good (like I just read New Moon and Eclipse) then my whole world stops and waits for me to finish my reading. It's sad. It's pathetic.

I so admire you for taking this on, and with, I presume, the expectation that you actually COULD read all those books AND write, AND be a mom, AND run your daycare, AND be a wife, AND ... AND ... AND ... all at the same time.

I bow down to you.

Needless to say, I will NOT be participating in the Fall Into Reading Challenge. But I'll happily root you on!

Go Stephanie!!

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I have always been a very fast reader, but I also chalk it up to going to bed too late. I don't get as much writing done as I would like, but if I don't read, the writing I do begins to suffer. I've just had to learn to balance everything. if only I could learn to write as fast as I read.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I hear you, Stephanie, I wish I could write as fast as I read, too! You've picked out some great books there -- I think I've read about half of them. I'll look forward to hearing what you think of them!

Deena Peterson said...

My 17 year old is on my case to read "New Moon" and "Eclipse"...she DEVOURED "Twilight", as did I...

Cool list! And I devour books on a regular basis...my list is
HUGE:-)

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

That's quite a few books, and if you'll be adding even more, well...I'm impressed. Especially since you're also writing. I like to write, but when I'm reading a lot, my writing time suffers, and vice versa. I struggle with balancing the two. Thanks for being part of the challenge -- enjoy your fall reading!

Dapoppins said...

Great list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors