Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2007

I Heard that Song Before - Mary Higgins Clark

I was excited to put this book on my Summer Reading Thing list. Mary Higgins Clark has always been one of my favorite authors.

The story centers around Kay Lansing who grew up in Englewood. She was the daughter of a landscaper who has now married the master of the house. The only thing that threatens their new-found happiness is murder. Two murders occurred that left her husband a person of interest. Now new evidence has come to light that puts her husband in jail and leaves Kay alone in the Carrington mansion. While trying to solve a twenty year old murder and a four year old murder, Kay finds herself in danger as she wonders who around her she can trust and who around her she should fear.

As always, Clark kept me guessing until the very end who is guilty. I love her stories and all the intricacies she weaves into them. I had a little trouble at first following who was speaking as the point of view changes from first to third person from chapter to chapter, but the story was riveting enough that I soon stopped noticing that. This was a fun read that is hard to put down once you pick it up.

1 comment:

Shanna Blythe said...

I haven't read a Mary Higgins Clark in a while. Maybe I should pick this one up!

Thanks for the review.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors