Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Still Trying to Find the Time

My word count for today is a mere 378 words. But that is 378 more than last week on this day and it was done with lots of busy company around. I'm a little behind my projected word count for this far into Tristi's challenge, but after the company leaves, I should be able to get more words per day in.

The good thing is I think I've finally got passed whatever it was holding me back. I'm back to knowing where I want the story to go and I think I've figured out how to get it there. There is going to be a ton of editing on this one, far more than I had to do on the last one, but I find that every time I sit to write or review something I've written, I'm constantly learning new things and my writing continues to improve.

Meanwhile, our company will be here until Sunday and then it is back to the babysitting. I still have to squeeze the quiet moments in and they don't come nearly as often as I'd like, but they do exist. I think if I can stick to the 500 a day word count I set for myself, this book could be finished at the end of the month. Then I'll have real reason to celebrate as I put it aside to stew for a little while. What joy, using the English language to tell stories and help people feel like they can live someone else's life for a little while. Once I get this task done, I go on to the next mental struggle. What to write next?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors