Pages

Friday 4 July 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy July 4th to all my U.S. neighbors and friends. I am U.S. by birth and having an American mother. I am Canadian by virtue of having a Canadian father and living here for most of my life. So we celebrated on July 1st for Canada Day. Today we celebrated an even important day.

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday. My husband and I took her out for dinner tonight and then we walked around the lake for a little while. It was a pleasant evening with pleasant company.

I'm blessed with a wonderful mother-in-law who is supportive and helpful and a genuinely good person. When I became a member of the family, I brought with me three children. She without hesitation took on three new grandchildren and has always treated them as her own. She became the grandmother they were missing, and for that I'll be forever grateful. So, happy birthday Mom. Thanks for raising such a great son and being such a good mother, grandmother, and friend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie. I'm in Michelle Jeffries' writers group. I just wanted to say 'good for you' in having a wonderful mother-in-law. I am a naturalized US citizen (orig form the Philippines), and so on June 12, I still think of my old Independence Day. Do your kids get into Canadian culture; do you?

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Thanks for stopping by, pink ink. As far as Canadian culture goes, since we live here we get it every day. We have some family from Utah coming to visit next week. They have never been to Canada and keep telling me they want to do something Canadian. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that will be.

Sarita Leone said...

Stephanie, it sounds like your mother-in-law is a delightful woman. How nice for all of you! Wishing her a happy belated birthday!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I feel like I've made a new friend! :)

Josi said...

I have a great mother in law too--What a sweet tribute to yours and an example for all of us on the way we want to be loved by our daughter's in laws one day.

ali cross said...

That was lovely Stephanie. I loved my MIL too. She was a wonderful woman. I always felt blessed to have her as a gift in my life.

Glad you have that gift also!

Julie Wright said...

a great MIL is a thing to cherish! You are a pretty great DIL to remember her on your blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors