Pages

Monday 14 July 2008

Playing Catch Up

So I fell a little behind my goal for the BIAM last week, but I have high hopes this week of catching up. Tristi is offering a little incentive this week if we can achieve our goals plus 10%. Since I love a good contest and need to catch up anyway, I'll have to push a extra hard. My goal is 500 words a day, so Monday through Saturday is 3000 words plus 10% makes my goal for the week 3300. I'm going to push a little harder to get another 1000 words on top of that so I can catch up with my goal word count. If I can keep up with the word count I should be able to finish this WIP by the end of the month.

I have a deal with my youngest daughter. She will play with the kids I babysit in the morning keep them entertained. With her help, I should be able to get a few more words written and she will earn a little extra cash to take with us on our vacation this summer. She's excited because her older brother and sister have jobs this summer and she wanted a way to earn her own money. This arrangement will be helpful to both of us.

P.S. I'm back to report my word count for the day came in at 1163. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations at making your goal yesterday! I hope it continues!

Annette Lyon said...

You can totally do it!

Way to find a win-win with your daughter.

Josi said...

Wohoooo! Not only do you get to write and your sweetie gets paid, she also gets to see Mom making the time for her talents without neglecting her other responsibilities--that's priceless. Way to go!

Anna Maria Junus said...

I'd do this, but I'm editing right now and I don't know how you can count words on that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors