I've done a few of these, but this time Josi Kilpack tagged me, hoping I'll clear up some questions some of my previous posts have raised in her mind. It's probably good she gave me a specific challenge because I don't know what things I'd say that I haven't said before. So here goes...
1. Yes, I am old enough to have teenagers, but thanks for thinking otherwise. It really made my day. I had my first baby six months before my 22nd birthday. My oldest turned 15 a few months ago and my second will turn 14 on Mother's Day. Now if you really want to do the math, you can figure out how old I am.
2. My first marriage lasted five years, and then I spent 3 1/2 years as a single mom. Lots of learning experiences in those years made me a stronger. more self-sufficient person, but I wouldn't wish those things on anyone else.
3. I married my second husband 7 1/2 years ago. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and my children.
4. I am a step-mother to three children. The oldest is getting married in June, which means I may get to be a grandma before I turn 40.
5. I don't color my hair and rarely cut it, mostly due to laziness. I can't be bothered to take the time out for hair appointments and I hate spending so much money on coloring when it has to be done so often. You can't imagine how grateful I am that the gray hairs are few and far between. (Although I think that is slowly changing.)
6. I love living in Canada and don't ever want to change that, but whenever I hear all my blogging friends who live in Utah and talk about getting together, or their writer's groups, I feel a little isolated and wished I lived closer to everyone else.
7. My house is my favorite place to be. I'm a bit of a homebody and sometimes my husband has to drag me out and encourage me to be social. I come home from the LDStorymakers conference in the spring and need several days by myself just to recuperate. Being social for two solid days wears me out.
So there are seven things. Hope that clears a few things up for you, Josi.
I think everyone I've thought of has already been tagged, but if your reading this and want to participate, consider yourself tagged.