Pages

Wednesday 26 March 2008

2007 Whitney Award Winners

My husband pointed out to me last night, that after all the lists and reminders to nominate that I've put on my blog, I should at least post the winners. Can't believe I forgot. I must still be tired from the trip. Anyway, here they are...

2007 Whitney Awards

*****

Best Novel of the Year

On the Road to Heaven
by
Coke Newell

*****

Best Novel by a New Author

Dragon Slippers
by
Jessica Day George

*****

Best Romance/Women's Fiction

Counting Stars
by
Michele Paige Holmes

*****

Best Mystery/Suspense

Sheep's Clothing
by
Josi Kilpack

*****

Best YA/Children's

Fablehaven 2: Rise of the Evening Star
by
Brandon Mull

*****

Best Speculative

Book of a Thousand Days
by
Shannon Hale

*****

Best Historical

Out of Jerusalem: Land of Inheritance
by
H. B. Moore

2 comments:

Laurie said...

If you don't mind explaining, what are the Whitney Awards?

Stephanie Humphreys said...

The Whitney Awards were organized last year to celebrate excellence in LDS fiction. The nominations are made by readers and any novel 50,000 words or more, written by an LDS author, and published in the award year is eligible. Go to http://whitneyawards.com/ to read more about them and remember to nominate your favorite books.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors