Pages

Monday 7 January 2008

Old Habits Die Hard

I had all sorts of good intentions to start the new year off right. Someone said a good way to set goals is to pick something you want to stop doing and stop doing it. Then pick something you want to start doing and start doing it. Going to bed too late is one of those things I should stop doing, but here it is almost midnight and I am still up long after the rest of the family has gone to bed.

Today was the kid's first day back at school after the Christmas holidays. I planned on being very organized today and getting all sorts of things done, including some real work on my project for the BIAM challenge. Of course, several things got in my way, including my own tendency to be distracted by the slightest thing. I always get to the end of the day and realize that I did get quite a bit done, but a good portion of what I did wasn't planned in the first place. There is always tomorrow, and if I can focus a little more each day on the highest priority things on my list, someday I may actually be the organized person I like to pretend I am.

Meanwhile, I'm really falling behind on Tristi's challenge. I finally made a list of my writing goals for the year and posted them in a prominent place in the office so I have to read them every day. This year will be full of hard work but by the end of the year I hope I have some positive results to show for it.

As for old habits, here I am posting my Monday ramblings in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. If I could just change that one habit...watch for Tuesday's post to actually be posted on Tuesday. One can always hope, anyway. (I just checked this post and the blogger clock has it posted at 11:55 pm, even though all the clocks in the house say it is 12:10 am. I'm going with the blogger clock...then I can pretend I did get to bed before midnight.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors