Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2008

A New Year

So I guess this is the time of year when I post something profound to finish off the old year and kick off the new one.

Well, last year life moved on as it always does. I finally stretched myself and pursued my writing dream in earnest. In March, I attended the LDStorymakers conference for the first time and felt like I had finally met a group of people who I understood. I finished my first novel and started my second. The greatest thing about last year had to be all the things I learned, and that is what I am looking forward to in the new year.

I am going to apply even more effort to writing and am starting out by participating in Tristi's Book in a Month challenge. This is just what I need to get back into the swing of things after taking plenty of time off in December. The holidays have been busy. Between an unexpected trip to Phoenix and a round of the flu going through the family, I've spent very little time on the computer in the last month. So now the holidays are over, and I need to get back to work. For Tristi's challenge I am going to continue working on the novel I started in November. It is at 51,000 words and I want to get it to 85,000 by the end of the month.

As for the rest of the year, I plan on learning and growing in every area of my life. I always tell my kids that if I learn one thing during a day it is a good day. So this year, I plan on making every day a good day.

2 comments:

Autumn Ables said...

Anytime you can say you've moved forward- being small baby steps or large mammouth mounds...you are doing great. :)

What a month December was, huh?! I can't believe that lasted only a month..it felt like 3. haha

Hip Hip Horray for you on finishing your first novel and aleady 50 grand into your second. Very impressive!

I wish you the best of inspiration, Stephanie, during this next months' challenge. ;)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Sounds like a great year, and that you've got plans to make 2008 just as great. Thanks for joining the BIAM -- we're going to have a lot of fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors