Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2009

25 Things

This tag has been floating around facebook for a while, but so far I've ignored the people who tagged me. Then Christine tagged me on her blog so I decided to have a go at it. With all the other tags I've done plus the '100 things about me' I did when I reached my 100th post, I'm struggling to think of something new, but here goes...

  1. I'm much too easily distracted. In fact, I'm using this blog as a distraction from some editing I need to finish.
  2. My 20 year high school reunion is coming up this summer. I'm still trying to figure out how I got this old.
  3. It will be nice to see people, but almost half my graduating class still lives in town, so I see them all the time anyway.
  4. I bought a baby name book just before Christmas to use as a reference book for my writing. When my step-daughter stayed for the weekend two weeks ago, she saw the book and it freaked her out until we explained why I had it.
  5. I get to play the organ in church this Sunday. Funny thing, I don't play the organ. Should be interesting.
  6. People have offered to give me organ lessons many times in the past. I've always refused because I remember a lady who played the organ for at least 30 years with very few breaks. I never wanted to be "the organ lady."
  7. On my side of the family, I am an aunt to eight nieces and six nephews and my brother announced yesterday that they are expecting another one. Despite my best efforts, I've never been the favorite aunt, but I love them anyway. :)
  8. I try to go walking every morning I'm not working. This gets quite interesting when there is tons of snow and ice on the ground.
  9. Despite my increased activity level, I'm still not losing any weight.
  10. This makes me sad.
  11. I've trained my kids to love old musicals. Oldest daughter was watching "Calamity Jane" the other night and told me how the movie helped her get bonus marks in Social Studies. The teacher was going to give bonus points to the student who could answer this question first: "What is another name for Chicago and what state is it in?" She said she got the points because she remembered the song. Who knew this would come in handy at school?
  12. We are on a serious Howard Keel kick right now. In the last month we've watched "Kismet", "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers", and "Calamity Jane." I'm trying to get a hold of "Kiss Me Kate" to watch next.
  13. I sub at the school as a teachers aid.
  14. I don't like getting up in the morning and not knowing whether I actually have to go to work.
  15. Subbing can be incredibly boring. I'm learning to take a note book for those quiet times so I can plot or outline, or whatever. Anything to keep the mind working.
  16. I can't wait to go to Utah in April.
  17. I like to cook, but only on my terms. Cooking dinner every night is not on my terms.
  18. It is stressful to try to come up with nutritious meals everyday.
  19. I need to get back into the habit of making homemade bread. Actually, I should teach my kids how to make the bread.
  20. I wish I could find more time to do the crafty things I love. I have so many unfinished projects right now.
  21. I used to be part of an embroidery guild. I'd love to get one started up again.
  22. I love getting catalogs in the mail. I hardly ever order anything, but I love looking at them.
  23. I love getting mail. I wish people wrote letters like they used to. All I get any more are bills.
  24. I like lists. I make them, but hardly look at them. It seems like writing stuff down puts it in my head and for the most part, I remember things without having to consult the list.
  25. Except for phone calls. I hate making calls. If I know the person, I don't want to catch them at a bad time, and if I don't know the person, I just don't want to call at all. Guess I'm afraid I'll sound like a fool. So I tend to forget about making phone calls until it's too late. Most people don't like the phone ringing at 11:30 p.m. which is when I usually remember that I forgot to call earlier.
So there you go...25 things, plus a bonus video. I'm not specifically tagging anyone, since most people I know have already been tagged. If you want to play along, go ahead, then let me know so I can read what you come up with.

2 comments:

Josi said...

I would so struggle with not knowing what my day had in store--I can't even imagine. Fun list. I did this on my facebook already.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

That's the most annoying part about subbing. The kids are fun though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors