I'm starting out the new year with another of Tristi's challenges. I'm going to write something every day, but for the challenge I'll be editing my book Double Deceit. The plan is to have it ready for my readers by the end of the month. That also gives me a month to figure out who those readers will be.
Today I had to reorganize and find the desk in the office. I usually end up shuffling something around over the holidays and this year the office and family room got the attention. The job is almost done and then I can get back to the real work of writing and making decent meals for the family - it's been too many days of snacking and goodies.
Some things I'm looking forward to in 2009...
- LDStorymakers conference - still haven't registered. Hopefully I'll get some of the logistics figured out and take care of that soon.
- The Whitney Awards - I don't know if I'll make it to the awards ceremony this year, but I can't wait to see who the finalists are and then find out who the winners are.
- Finishing Double Deceit and submitting it - and this is the positive thinking coming in to play - getting it published.
- Hearing back on Finding Rose - and getting it published (again with the positive thinking).
- My 20 year high school reunion. I still live in my home town, so I see a lot of these people on a regular basis, but it is so much fun to get the whole group together.
- My daughter's 16th birthday. I'm excited about this and trying not to let it make me feel old.
- My youngest daughter going to Young Women's in the fall.