Pages

Monday 30 June 2008

Book in a Month

Tristi is hosting another book in a month challenge for July. I've participated in her challenges before, but never been overly successful. I don't know why I can do NaNoWriMo and succeed, but struggle with Tristi's. At any rate, I'm going to give it another go. July is probably the worst time to recommit to writing. We have guests coming next week, and then another set of guests during our town celebrations. But, usually when I have the most to do, I get the most done. We'll see how it goes.

So my goal for this is to finish the book I've been working on, Double Deceit. I'm aiming for 500 words a day minus Sundays. Hopefully I'll have a few really good days to make up for the days when the guests are here. My goal is to get the first draft done by the end of July. I'll probably be on the road when the challenge ends as we leave for our summer vacation and a family reunion the last week of July. If the laptop battery holds, that means some good writing time on the road.

Good luck to everyone else trying the challenge. It

1 comment:

Heather Moore said...

Go for it! July is my worst month too. I usually don't write much in the summer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors