Pages

Monday 25 June 2007

Summer Days

This is the time of year I look forward to. I'm not a huge fan of hot weather, but the relaxed routine once school lets out and all the visiting with family more than make up for it.

Yesterday my brother and his wife had their second child, so I have another nephew to love. What a great way to kick off the summer. When we were at the hospital holding the new baby, my brother made a comment about how exciting it was to have the doctor tell them they had a son. They chose not to find out earlier and had convinced themselves it was going to be another girl. He is a sweet baby and both mother and baby are doing well. Older sister isn't yet convinced having a baby is a good thing, but I give her a few days to become quite possessive of her little brother. Congratulations guys, he's perfect!

My other brother arrived in Canada yesterday from Arizona. We haven't seen his family in two years. The distance is just too far to do very often. Once they leave we will head to Montana and Idaho to visit more family. The kids are excited to go on vacation, but I know that by the time we get home and finish our summer activities, we will all be more than ready to get back into the routine of school. Until then we are going to enjoy the swimming and vacationing. The kids will enjoy the extra time with friends. We will make time to strengthen relationships with our extended family. I have lots of reading to do to keep up with the Summer Reading Thing. Who knows, I might even enjoy the heat a little.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visitors